Effective reputation management entails knowing what to do online and off. Here is our top 10 list of what you need to know.
1. Own your brand. If you aren’t proactive about managing it, the rest of the world will do it for you.
2. Remember that perception is reputation.
3. Manage the conversation. Savvy social media use will help.
4. Emails aren’t private. Always think twice before you hit “send.”
5. Authenticity is the best way to build trust…and we are in a trust-based economy.
6. Diversity matters. Especially if you are a CEO.
7. Treat employees well. Consider each as an ambassador for the company.
8. Embrace transparency. The truth always comes out anyway.
9. Be careful about what you say online. It may stay there forever.
10. Spin doesn’t work anymore. Authenticity and transparency have replaced it.
If you’ve found these tips useful, you might benefit from reading The Essentials: Online Reputation Management FAQs. Subscribe to our RSS feed to follow our posts. @reputationnews.