On October 25, 2017, attorney Christine Rafin will lead the webinar, Removing Defamatory, Infringing and Negative Information from the Internet: Practical Guidance. It takes place from 3:00 – 4:15 EST, may be watched afterward and is hosted by Clear Law Institute.
The webinar will provide practical guidance about the steps you should take if you or your clients become the victim of online defamation, trademark or copyright infringement, or negative and damaging posts. You also will learn about the “right to be forgotten” in the EU and its impact on American companies. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Determine the immediate steps you should take towards getting the content removed
- Identify the appropriate party to contact to accomplish that goal
- Commence litigation to reveal the identity of an anonymous perpetrator
- Successfully issue a takedown notice pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and
- Conduct damage control while the content is visible on the Internet.
Christine Rafin is a partner in the New York City law firm of Kent, Beatty & Gordon, LLP and specializes in technology-related legal issues. As a guest contributor to You(Online), her articles published on this site include: An Attorney’s Advice for Removing Negative, Defamatory and Infringing Material from the Internet, Legal Options When Battling Online Copyright Infringement and What to Do When You Are the Victim of Online Defamation.